Effective Tuesday (August 1), the new schedule for watering established lawns and landscaping in unincorporated Hillsborough County, as well as the City of Tampa, is:
|Addresses ending in 0, 1, 2 or 3||Mondays and Thursdays|
|Addresses ending in 4, 5 or 6||Tuesdays and Fridays|
|Addresses ending in 7, 8 or 9||Wednesdays and Saturdays|
Locations with no address (common areas) and locations with mixed addresses (such as office complexes)
|Wednesdays and Saturdays|
All watering must be done before 8 a.m. or after 6 p.m., and only once on your designated days.
Hand-watering and low-volume irrigation of plant material other than lawns or turfgrass may be done on any day and at any time.
New Sod and Landscaping
All watering of new sod and landscaping must be done before 8 a.m. or after 6 p.m. An irrigation system zone can only be operated if the new sod or plant material covers at least 50 percent of that zone.
- New sod and landscaping may be watered on any day for the first 30 days
- On days 31-60, new sod and landscaping may be watered approximately every other day: even-numbered addresses on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday
- Odd-numbered addresses, locations with no address and locations with mixed addresses on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday
Decorative Fountains, Car Washing, Pressure Washing
No restrictions; however, homeowner associations and property management companies cannot enforce deed restrictions which would cause an increase in water use; for example, they cannot require pressure washing for aesthetic purposes, not require replacement of plant materials to meet community standards.
Reclaimed water customers are exempt from the water restrictions, although these customers are encouraged to use only what they need.
For More Information
- Visit Southwest Florida Water Management District’s website for more detailed information on water restrictions.
- For a recorded message about the restrictions, call (813) 275-7094.
- For other questions, call the Water Conservation Team at (813) 272-5977, ext. 43991, during regular business hours.