The Alliance is a community coalition serving as an advisory group to the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners to assist in these areas:
- Accessibility issues and universal design
- Transportation issues affecting people who are transportation dependent
- Crime and safety programs for persons with disabilities
- Appointments of citizens with disabilities to Hillsborough County Boards and Councils
- Provide education and training programs for the community
- Employment issues
- Housing concerns
Programs and services offered by The Alliance for Citizens With Disabilities include:
- Providing public awareness information and activities concerning the needs and resources of citizens with disabilities
- Hosting an annual disabilities awareness exposition to address innovations in technology, sports and leisure interests, community resources
Membership is open to persons who express an interest in furthering the purpose of the Alliance.
Legislation 101-Your Civil Rights & Responsibilities on Friday, October 20 from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Robert W. Saunders Library in Tampa. An Alliance meeting will follow the presentation, and all workshop participants are encouraged to stay.
The event strives to build awareness within the community about current legislative issues affecting people with disabilities in Florida and actions you can take.
Panel discussions include:
For more information email Melinda Wheatley or call (813) 744-5310.