Register for Volunteer Training
Volunteer classes have concluded for 2017. Please check back later for training dates for 2018 or call our offices for more information.
The Athletics Youth Sports Section provides the mandatory training required for all volunteers and coaches. From Hillsborough County's 58 partnered programs to the user-groups renting fields and facilities, requirements for volunteers are the same across the board. Florida requires youth sports volunteers to pass background checks. Athletes, parents and coaches must also comply with Florida's new law regarding concussions and related sports injuries; all volunteers must take a mandatory coach's training class.
- In-person volunteer training classes are free and good for two years
- Online concussion classes are free
- The online volunteer training class is $20 and good for one year
- The fee covers the training and membership into the National Youth Sports Coaches Association
Things To Consider
- The following pertains to all in-person classes:
- Good for two years
- Take place at All People's Life Center 6105 east Sligh Avenue Tampa FL 33617
- Start promptly at 6:45 p.m.
- Class instructors are also volunteers, please be respectful
- All coaches must take CPR, First Aid, and AED class
- CPR, First Aid, AED class counts for the CPR, First Aid, AED requirement and the volunteer training requirement
- Concussion class counts for the concussion requirement and the volunteer training requirement
- Volunteer classes have concluded for 2017. Please check back later for training dates for 2018 or call our offices for more information.
- You will receive an email confirmation listing the date(s) of the classes you are registered for
- Bring a printout of the confirmation with you to class