Homes must be located in unincorporated Hillsborough County, which is outside the City of Tampa, and the applicant must have lived in their home for two years.
What are the benefits or an Housing Rehabilitation Program loan?
- Deferred payment 0% interest loan
- Portion of the loan is partially forgiven each full year you stay in your house as your principal residence
Am I eligible?
You must meet the following qualifications:
- Home is in unincorporated Hillsborough County, or the cities of Plant City or Temple Terrace
- Single-family home
- Lived on your property for at least two years prior to your application date
- Can’t have received financial assistance within the last five years from the Affordable Housing department through another program
- Current on your existing mortgage and property taxes
- Income eligible – currently at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
- Household income limits are provided by State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (SHIP) and subject to change annually
|Household size||1 person||2 people||3 people||4 people||5 people||6 people||7 people||8 people|
|Moderate Level of Income Level (80% of AMI)||$48,240||$55,200||$62,040||$68,880||$74,400||$79,920||$85,440||$90,960|
How do I get an Housing Rehabilitation Program loan?
You must contact one of our partner agencies:
- The Center for Women (CFW) provides home repairs for eligible Hillsborough County low and moderate income homeowners. The purpose of this service is to allow families to continue living safely in their own homes and improve the existing housing stock of unincorporated Hillsborough County and the Cities of Plant City and Temple Terrace. CFW provides home repairs to eligible Hillsborough County citizens to low and moderate income homeowners, who are at least 60 years of age. The purpose of this service is to allow these seniors to continue living safely in their own homes and to remain independent for as long as possible. For more information call Susie Plumber at (813) 210-9718.
- Rebuilding Together Tampa Bay, Inc. (RTTB) repairs homes of those eligible Hillsborough County Residents that are in need. RTTB intends to preserve and revitalize houses and communities, in the Tampa Bay Area, assuring that low-income homeowners live in warmth, safety and independence. For more information call Jacquelyn Reddickth at (813) 878-9000.
- Self-Reliance - Rehabilitation and Barrier Removal. The purpose of the housing modification service is to allow eligible Hillsborough County homeowners to continue living safely in their own homes and remain independent for as long as possible. Conducting modifications to the homes contributes to the preservation of Hillsborough County's housing stock. For more information call Betty Nieves Valazquez at (813) 375-3965.
Owner Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Provider
Florida Home Partnership, Inc. (FHP) provides management services of the Owner Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program in Hillsborough County. Eligible Low income Hillsborough County residents have the opportunity to apply for financial assistance to correct housing violations with repairs that meet the minimum housing standards of Hillsborough County. Financial assistance is provided in the form of 0% interest loans and grants. For more information call Karrina Gayton at (813) 672-7860.