Report a Complaint Against a Locksmith
Following a growing list of concerns, we identified a need to regulate the locksmith industry and adopted an ordinance to eliminate the misuse of industry knowledge and equipment in ways that pose dangers to public health, safety, and welfare. If you have a complaint against a locksmith doing business within Hillsborough County, you can file a complaint and we will investigate it.
Reporting a complaint against a locksmith can help keep the community safe.
- Gather all of the information on the company you can, including:
- Locksmith business name
- Business address
- Business website (if applicable)
- Business phone
- Business email
- Nature of the complaint
- Supporting documents
- File Report
- We will make every effort to contact you as quickly as possible after we receive your complaint; normally this is within 3 business days.
- After your complaint is received, it is evaluated and either assigned to a code enforcement investigator or referred to another agency if that is the more appropriate action.
- If it is assigned for investigation, we will notify the business about your complaint and will request they respond within 10 business days.
- If their response is not received during that time, we will take additional steps to contact them.
- We make all possible attempts to resolve the issue with the participation of all parties.
- After we initially receive your complaint, you can normally expect to receive additional information about it within 15 business days based upon the business response.