Which pets need to get a tag?
We require registration tags if your pet meets the following criteria:
- Lives with you in Hillsborough County
- Is 4 months or age or older
- Is a dog, cat or ferret
Ways to get a tag
- All veterinary clinics in Hillsborough County are required to make the County tag available at their location
- If your veterinarian doesn't have tags available please let us know so we can get them the supplies they need
- Visit the Pet Resource Center, 440 N. Falkenburg Road in Tampa with your up-to-date rabies certificate
- Mail in a copy of the rabies certificate your vet gives you with a check made payable to BOCC to:
Pet Resource Center
440 N. Falkenburg Rd.
Tampa, FL 33619
- Do not mail cash
|Spayed/Neutered Cat or Dog||$20 ($5 for residents 62 and older)|
|Non-Sterilized Cat or Dog||$40 ($25 for residents 62 and older)|
Do you need to update the information on your pet's record?
Keep your information up-to-date by doing one of the following:
- Call Pet Resource Center at (813) 744-5660 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday.
- Submit a request through At Your Service that includes your pet's tag information and updated information.
Need a replacement pet tag?
- To replace a pet's tag, you will need to provide the original tag receipt and/or pet's rabies certificate. You will also have to pay a $5 replacement fee.
- Visit PRC with the documents and replacement fee to receive a new tag. PRC is open Tuesday through Sunday between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Mail the documents and a check (payable to BOCC) for $5 to Pet Resource Center, located at 440 N. Falkenburg Road, Tampa, FL 33619. Do not mail cash. PRC will mail your new tag back to your home address once processed.