Free Healthy Eating Workshops for Kids
Can't seem to get your child interested in eating healthy?
The Healthy Eating Workshops for Kids are designed to motivate kids, ages 4-17 years old, and their families to reach their ultimate fitness potential and overcome health barriers through healthy eating habits and active lifestyles.
These hands-on workshops with surprise guest Chefs will use healthy, whole foods alongside community partners and resources to establish the foundation for a strong, affordable healthy eating program across classrooms, school cafeterias, and at home. Kids will take part in:
- Learning to plan affordable healthy meals
- STEAM (Science, Technology, English, Arts and Math) curriculum integration
- Interactive youth cooking demonstration
- Free aprons, tote bags, and chef hats for them to design and keep
Each of the four workshops will focus on a different topic, and will take place at the Oaks at Riverview Community Center, 110 E. Kirby Street in Tampa. The workshop dates are:
- Session I: Saturday, March 17
- Session II: Saturday, June 9
- Session III: Saturday, Sept. 29
- Session IV: Saturday, Nov. 10
The Healthy Eating Workshops for Kids are open to eligible families within Hillsborough County who meet free and reduced lunch guidelines.
Families can learn more and reserve one of the limited spots for their child by contacting Marie Theodore at (813) 277-1649. The registration deadline is Friday, March 2, 2018.
Want more stories like this delivered to your inbox?
Subscribe to the Friday 5