Sweet Business Success Through Personal Connections
Entrepreneurship is the key ingredient for economic and job growth. Entrepreneurs go beyond simply starting a business. They transform an innovation in products or services into a successful venture, often disrupting business norms.
For National Entrepreneurship Week, we asked local entrepreneurs and leaders engaged in supporting Hillsborough County's entrepreneurial ecosystem to share their experiences and thoughts about business and entrepreneurship.
- Hometown: Tampa
- Profession: Owner and baker at Bake'n Babes
- First Job: Ice cream scooper
- Favorite Hobby: Since baking has become my profession, I'd have to say binge watching a show on Netflix with a glass of wine. That's a hobby, right?!
- Proudest Accomplishment:The birth of my children
- Biggest Inspiration: My grandfather, for his work ethic and integrity
What excites you most about entrepreneurship? Connecting with our customers is one of my favorite things about entrepreneurship. I love seeing their smiling faces as I hand them a dessert, and I really love when they share their experiences and photos on social media. I look forward to improving my craft, and growing the next generation here in Tampa.
What is the best thing about working in Hillsborough County? I think the best thing about working in Hillsborough County is the diverse and friendly population. We also have a great climate here in Tampa Bay, and wonderful amenities. Hillsborough County is also very business-friendly, and that's a great bonus as an entrepreneur.
Start or Continue Your Entrepreneurship Journey:
- National Entrepreneurship Week events
- Entrepreneur Collaborative Center
- Florida SBDC at Hillsborough County
- Operation Startup
- 1 Million Cups Tampa
- Homebrew Hillsborough
- HCPLC Business and Entrepreneur Resources
Want more stories like this delivered to your inbox?
Subscribe to the Friday 5