How Can I Help?
Eager to help local residents following Hurricane Irma's destructive trek through Hillsborough County? Here are ways to do so:
Donations can be made to the Hillsborough County Irma Relief Fund by:
- Going online to make a donation.
- Writing a check payable to "Hillsborough Irma Relief," and mailing it to Lutheran Services Florida at 3627 W. Waters Ave., Tampa, FL 33614.
Funding will be authorized by a committee of representatives from Hillsborough County Aging Services, Florida Department of Children and Families, and United Way Suncoast.
Here are some nonprofit agencies that provide a wide range of assistance:
- Feeding Tampa Bay
4702 Transport Drive Bldg. 6, Tampa, FL 33605-5940
Contact: Thomas Mantz
- Florida Baptist Disaster Relief
1060 W. Busch Blvd., Tampa, FL 33612
Contact person: Mike Kahn
- Habitat for Humanity of Tampa Florida
3736 E. Hillsborough Ave., Tampa, FL 33610-4540
- Lutheran Disaster Services Florida
3627 W. Waters Ave., Tampa, FL 33614
Phone: (813) 875-1408
Volunteers of all ages, skilled or unskilled, are needed. There are opportunities to participate one day, or multiple days.
Hillsborough County is working with these organizations to ensure people who need help after the storm receive assistance. For more information call Angela Salter with Hillsborough County Fire Rescue Office of Emergency Management at (813) 272-6690.