Superstars of the Senior Games
What do the Tampa Bay Senior Games and the Summer Olympics have in common, besides intense competition, athleticism, and a little "esprit de corps" with fellow teammates? Both include doubles events that give players the opportunity to team up with a partner. At the 37th games, whose registration deadline is Sept. 13, athletes can partner in mixed double tennis and pickleball events, proving once again that teamwork can result into victory.
Meet your competition: Laurie Gereaue, former stay at home mom turned pickleball champ.
- Name: Laurie Gereaue
- Height: 5'6
- Birthday: Sept. 2
- Hometown: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Florida Residence: Tampa
- 2017 Senior Games Events: Pickleball Mixed Doubles and Women's Doubles
- Previous Senior Games Accolades: 2015 and 2016: Gold Medal in Pickelball Women's Doubles; 2014---Gold Medal in Pickelball Mixed Doubles
- Hobbies: Laurie loves tennis, travel, and playing with her three grandchildren.
- Former profession: Laurie was a stay-at-home mom, and a property manager.
- What she loves about the Senior Games: Camaraderie, the chance to play with different people each year, and, most importantly, winning gold medals.
- Goals for this year's games: Winning another gold medal.
- Words of Wisdom: "'And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.' In honor of my son, Ryan; that's what I live by."