Superstars of the Senior Games
There are many words that best describe the Tampa Bay Senior Games : fun, competitive, healthy, and especially diverse. As with previous years, the 37th Annual Games will offer a multifaceted snapshot of different cultures, age brackets, and events that range from rigorous, such as swimming and table tennis, to more soothing games, such as shuffleboard and dominoes.
Meet your competition: Robert Hoyland, the Pickleball Gold Medal Guru
- Name: Robert Hoyland
- Height: 5'7
- Birthday: April 26
- Hometown: New Castle, Pennsylvania
- Florida Residence: Odessa
- 2017 Senior Games Events: Pickleball-Men's Doubles and Mixed Doubles
- Previous Senior Games Accolades: 2016---Gold Medal in Pickleball/Mixed Doubles; Bronze Medal in Pickleball/Men's Doubles
- Hobbies: Robert is a devoted grandparent to his granddaughter
- Profession: Retired general manager in financial services
- What he loves about the Senior Games: The camaraderie, as well as meeting and reuniting with fellow active seniors.
- Goals for this year's games: To win in the Pickleball Mixed Doubles event two years in a row, and to improve in the Men's Doubles Event.
- Words of Wisdom: "The Senior Games are for everyone."
Want more stories like this delivered to your inbox?
Subscribe to the Friday 5