Bring Your Child to Work Day is April 27
On Thursday, April 27, parents from across the globe will participate in the annual Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day.
This initiative was launched more than 20 years ago and is a great way to introduce elementary, middle and high school students to a variety of interesting job functions. The program also aims to boost self-esteem, confidence, and help students envision their future careers.
Tips for the day:
- Plan meaningful activities
- Check with your manager to be sure your workplace is prepared for the possibility of interruptions.
- Set ground rules with your child before going into the workplace.
- Decide where your child will sit and how long he or she should stay.
- Ask co-workers if they would like to join you and your child for lunch.
To learn more, visit the Take our Daughters and Sons to Work Foundation