6 Ways Hillsborough County Can Help Your Small Business
Local small businesses are the backbone of the economy, create jobs, and enhance neighborhoods. More than 90 percent of employers in Hillsborough County are small businesses, which employ more than 200,000 workers.
Here are six ways Hillsborough County supports small business creation and expansion:
- Entrepreneur access to business service providers, resources, mentorship, and specialty training supported by more than 50 business and community partners at the Entrepreneur Collaborative Center
- Confidential no-cost consulting and professional training for all stages of business development and across all industries through the Florida SBDC at Hillsborough County, as part of the state-wide service network
- Support through the Economic Development Innovation Initiative (EDI2) for incubation, accelerating, mentoring, and networking to strengthen the technology and innovation ecosystem and leverage private sector resources and support
- Cooperative workforce initiatives to support veterans, manufacturing, and career development
- Targeted programs to help minority, woman-owned, and small businesses fully participate in government contracting opportunities
- Business workshops and consulting services through partnerships with the Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce, Greater Riverview Chamber of Commerce, South Tampa Chamber of Commerce, Greater Plant City Chamber of Commerce, South Shore Chamber of Commerce, and Greater Temple Terrace Chamber of Commerce
Want more stories like this delivered to your inbox?
Subscribe to the Friday 5