Hillsborough County Public Utilities will be installing approximately 9,600 feet of 6-inch potable water pipeline, 668 feet of 4-inch potable water pipeline, and 1,300 feet of 2-inch potable water pipeline between Berkford Avenue and Del Valle Road, North of Ehrlich Road. The project will connect 174 residential lots to Hillsborough County’s high-quality potable drinking water.
Purpose of Project
The project is part of the Countywide Potable Water Main Extension Program, a long-term program implemented by Hillsborough County Public Utilities to improve water connection access in areas that do not currently have potable water, but are immediately adjacent to our distribution system.
The new pipelines will provide an opportunity for residents who are currently served drinking water from wells to connect to the County’s utility system if they choose and improve fire protection with the installation of 13 new fire hydrants.
What to Expect During Construction
- Construction activities will occur on weekdays between 7 AM to 5 PM
- The work will involve heavy equipment and excavation, and will generate normal construction noise
- Access to businesses and homes will be maintained throughout construction
- In some areas, traffic lane closures may be necessary. For the safety of the workers, pedestrians and other motorists, please observe all traffic control measures
- Most construction will be in the right-of-way; however, at times it may be necessary to work on private property with prior approval. All areas affected by the construction will be restored to pre-construction or better condition
- Excavation work can sometimes cause an accidental water pipeline break or similar utility problem (cable, phone). If any service interruption occurs, please use the emergency contact number listed for that service provider.
Cost & Funding
- The estimated cost of this project is $2,250,000 and is being funded through the Hillsborough County’s Water Enterprise’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP).
- Construction expected to start: October 2018
- Construction expected to complete: within 230 days of start date
- Customer Service Support: (813) 272-5275
- Project Manager – Jason P Parrillo, P.E., Hillsborough County Public Utilities, Office: (813) 964-2788, Cell: (813) 853-1059
- Engineering Design Firm – Susan Martelli, P.E., Metzgar & Willard, Inc., (813) 977-6005
- After Hours Emergencies – Hillsborough County Public Utilities (813) 744-5600